Read & Play Music – Book 1
“34 Basic musical terms and definitions“
● Knowledge of basic timing and pitch
● How timing and pitches are written on a staff
● Skill in creating a beat
● Skill in reading and playing 12 notes using the right hand on the piano
● Exposure to historical musical folk songs
Click Contact in the menu for pricing, or call +1-727-667-4601 (USA)
For a school, choir, boys and girls club, or other large group.
By purchasing one of the licences , you agree to the terms below.
What is a licence?
All Sales Are Final
Your first step is Book 1. By the end of that, you’ll be able to read simple tunes and play them on the piano with your right hand.
In the very first lesson, you will read and play your first tune in 15 minutes. If you haven’t done that yet, do it now.
Here are the knowledge and skills you’ll gain in Book 1:
- Understanding the nature of music
- Knowing the names of all the white keys on the piano
- Skill in reading 12 notes from printed music and playing them on the piano with your right hand
- Understanding the basic terms of music
- Knowledge of how time is represented in printed music
- Skill in reading the time values from printed music and playing with accurate time
- Skill in making good choices as to which fingers to use
- Playing using all the fingers in your right hand
You’ll finish up by reading and playing 10 familiar tunes to exercise your new-found skills.
And along the way, you’ll learn interesting tidbits about music in the world. How an orchestra tunes up, which tune was in the first audio film, what Mozart had to say about silences in music, when printed music was invented, what tune is played by the clock Big Ben in London, and lots more.
There are 800 pages (if you decide to print it out), 18 videos, 16 audios, and lots of fun. You will be taken along in easy steps as you build your skill in reading and playing music.
You get all this for about what you’d pay for a single lesson from a music teacher!
Call for information. +1-727-667-4601 (USA)
- Read the course materials online.
- Download the course materials and read them on all your personal computers or other devices.
- Print a single copy of the course materials (or one per family or group member for those licences) from a downloaded file, for your own personal use.
You may not:
- Resell, lend or give away your course login, any downloaded course files, or any printed course materials.
- Print additional copies of the course materials beyond those allowed by your licence.